Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at Staircase AI Inc (“Company”, “we”, “us”, “our”). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy.
We’re committed to keep your data safe
If you have any questions or concerns about this privacy notice, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you visit our website https://staircase.ai (the “Website”), and more generally, use any of our services (the “Services”, which include the Website), we appreciate that you are trusting us with your personal information. We take your privacy very seriously. In this privacy notice, we seek to explain to you in the clearest way possible what information we collect, how we use it and what rights you have in relation to it. We hope you take some time to read through it carefully, as it is important. If there are any terms in this privacy notice that you do not agree with, please discontinue use of our Services immediately.
This privacy notice applies to all information collected through our Services (which, as described above, includes our Website), as well as, any related services, sales, marketing or events.
Note however, that this privacy notice does not apply to the analysis of business interactions on Staircase Relationship Intelligence platform (“SRI Processing”). The collection and use of personal information for SRI Processing is determined by platform users who are the controllers of that data. For information about how our clients collect and use personal data using the SRI platform, please contact the relevant data controller.
Please read this privacy notice carefully as it will help you understand what we do with the information that we collect.
1. What information do you collect from me?
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Website, the choices you make and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect includes personal information provided by you and personal information we collect automatically during your interactions with us.
TL;DR: We collect personal Information Provided by You.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you register on the Website, express an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and Services, when you take action on the Website such as when you submit a request for a demo or sign up for our webinars or when you otherwise contact us.
We collect names; email addresses; company name; job titles; phone numbers; and other similar information. All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
Information automatically collected
TL;DR: Some information — such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address and/or browser and device characteristics — is collected automatically when you visit our Website.
2. How do you use my information and for what purposes?
TL;DR: We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
We use personal information collected via our Services for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests, in order to enter into or perform a contract with you, with your consent, and/or for compliance with our legal obligations.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To deliver and facilitate delivery of Services to the user. We may use your information to provide you with the requested service. For example, we use your information to administer your account with us and to identify and authenticate you.
- To fulfill and manage your orders. We may use your information to fulfill and manage your orders, payments, returns, and exchanges made through the Website.
- To respond to your inquiries/offer you support. We may use your information to respond to your inquiries; notify you about changes to our service; provide you with technical assistance and other related information; and solve any potential issues you might have with the use of our Services.
- To improve our Services and marketing. We use your information to analyze audience response to our Services and to support our marketing efforts. This includes providing you with commercial and marketing information about events, promotions or additional Services and products; asking for your feedback; and tracking the use of our Services in order to optimize them.
- To meet our legal obligations and protect against illegal activity. We also use your information for legal and audit purposes. This includes, for example, to detect and protect against infringements such as fraud, identity theft and any other service misuse or criminal activity; to maintain the security of our Services; to meet our reporting obligations in various jurisdictions; to prevent crime; to comply with court orders and warrants; and to assist law enforcement agencies as required by law.
- To facilitate your rights. We may collect information in order to respond to your data subject requests when the right for such requests is given to you by law.
- To defend our legal claims. We may use your information in order to resolve disputes, establish and defend legal claims and enforce our agreements.
3. Will my information be shared with anyone?
TL;DR: We only share information with your consent, to achieve our legitimate business interests, to comply with laws, to provide you with Services, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business and contractual obligations.
We transfer personal information to third parties in a variety of circumstances. We endeavor to ensure that these third parties use your information only to the extent necessary to perform their functions, and to have a contract in place with them to govern their processing on our behalf. They may assist us in operating the Website, receiving and sending communications, analyzing information, providing IT and other support services. These third parties may also include analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our Website, and our marketing.
At present our third-party providers to whom we may transfer personal information include also the following categories of providers:
- cloud computing providers;
- System security providers;
- customer relationship management services;
- data backup and analytics;
- advertising services;
- newsletter and communication services; and
- Other industry standard business software and partners
In addition, we will share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
We process your personal data that we hold based on the following legal bases:
- Consent: We process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests: We process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests. This includes business interests such as carrying on certain marketing activities; tracking your use of our Services in order to improve them. We also process and disclose your information in circumstances where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, illegal activities, or when information is required as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Performance of a Contract: Where we are negotiating, or have entered into a contract with you or the organization you are associated with, we process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations: We will use or disclose your information where we are legally or ethically required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
Google Analytics. This service helps us to understand how you engage with our Website and enables us to improve and optimize it. For example, Google Analytics gives us information about how you navigate through our Website so we can better understand which parts of the content are more interesting to you. To be able to do it, Google Analytics sets cookies on your internet browser. When you visit our Website Google Analytics collects information such as your IP address, device characteristics, operating system, browser settings, referring URLs and information about your activity on our Website.
5. Is my information transferred internationally?
TL;DR: We transfer, store, and process your information to countries other than your own.
Our servers are located in United States. If you are accessing our Website from outside United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed by us in our facilities and by those third parties with whom we may share your personal information (Go to section no. 3 – “Will your information be shared with anyone?”), in the USA, and in Israel. If you are a resident in the European Economic Area, then these countries may not necessarily have data protection laws or other similar laws as comprehensive as those in your country. We will however take all necessary measures to protect your personal information in accordance with this privacy notice and applicable law. Transfer to the USA will be made subject to the EU’s standard contractual clauses; transfers to Israel are made based on the EU Commission adequacy ruling of 2011.
6. For how long do you keep my information?
TL;DR: We keep your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this privacy notice unless otherwise required by law.
We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting or other legal requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize such information, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
7. How do you keep my information safe?
TL;DR: We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, despite our safeguards and efforts to secure your information, no electronic transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security, and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Website is at your own risk. You should only access the Website within a secure environment.
Therefore, we recommend you use, disclose and share your personal information with caution and only as necessary. If you access our Services via a third-party CRM platform or Cloud calendar (GSuite, Outlook 365), you should also protect your account with secure account credentials and prevent unauthorized access to your account and personal information. If you notice a risk or any security violations, please report it to us at email@example.com and we will endeavor to resolve it as soon as possible.
8. Do you collect information from minors?
TL;DR: We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age.
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Website, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Website. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we may have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. What are my privacy rights?
TL;DR: In some regions, such as the European Economic Area, you have rights that allow you greater access to and control over your personal information. In addition, for all users, you may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
In some regions (like the European Economic Area), you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. Depending on the circumstances, these may include the right (i) to access and obtain a copy of your personal information, (ii) to request rectification or erasure; (iii) to restrict the processing of your personal information; and (iv) to data portability. In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. To make such a request, please use the contact details provided below. We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws. These rights may not be exercised in violation of the rights of us, of other data subjects, or of third parties.
If we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note however that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
If you are a resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here.
If you are a resident in Switzerland, the contact details for the data protection authorities are available here.
If you have questions or comments about your privacy rights, you may email us at email@example.com.
10. How can I adjust my privacy preferences?
TL;DR: You can always review and change of your account information. If you would at any time like to review or change the information in your account you can log in to your account settings and update your user account.
Cookies and similar technologies. Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Website.
Opting out of email marketing. You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us using the details provided below. You will then be removed from the marketing email list — however, we may still communicate with you, for example to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account, to respond to service requests, or for other non-marketing purposes.
Controls for do-not-track features. Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems and mobile applications include a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. At this stage no uniform technology standard for recognizing and implementing DNT signals has been finalized. As such, we do not currently respond to DNT browser signals or any other mechanism that automatically communicates your choice not to be tracked online. If a standard for online tracking is adopted that we must follow in the future, we will inform you about that practice in a revised version of this privacy notice.
11. Do California residents have specific privacy rights?
TL;DR: Yes, if you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information.
Privacy Notice to California residents (CCPA Privacy Notice)
If you are a California resident, you also have rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). The California Code of Regulations defines a “resident” as (a) every individual who is in the State of California for other than a temporary or transitory purpose and (b) every individual who is domiciled in the State of California who is outside the State of California for a temporary or transitory purpose. If this definition of “resident” applies to you, we must adhere to certain rights and obligations regarding your personal information as explained below.
What categories of personal information do we collect?
We have collected the following categories of personal information in the past twelve (12) months:
We may also collect other personal information outside of these categories instances where you interact with us in-person, online, or by phone or mail in order to offer you support and deliver you service.
How do we use and share your personal information?
More information about our data collection and sharing practices can be found in this privacy notice. If you are using an authorized agent to exercise your right to opt-out we may deny a request if the authorized agent does not submit proof that they have been validly authorized to act on your behalf. You may contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by referring to the contact details at the bottom of this policy.
Will your information be shared with anyone else?
- whether we collect and use your personal information;
- the categories of personal information that we collect;
- the purposes for which the collected personal information is used;
- whether we sell your personal information to third parties;
In accordance with applicable law, we are not obligated to provide or delete consumer information that is de-identified in response to a consumer request or to re-identify individual data to verify a consumer request.
Right to Non-Discrimination for the Exercise of a Consumer’s Privacy Rights. We will not discriminate against you if you exercise your privacy rights.
Verification process. Upon receiving your request, we will need to verify your identity to determine you are the same person about whom we have the information in our system. These verification efforts require us to ask you to provide information so that we can match it with information you have previously provided us. For instance, depending on the type of request you submit, we may ask you to provide certain information so that we can match the information you provide with the information we already have on file, or we may contact you through a communication method (e.g. phone or email) that you have previously provided to us. We may also use other verification methods as the circumstances dictate.
We will only use personal information provided in your request to verify your identity or authority to make the request. To the extent possible, we will avoid requesting additional information from you for the purposes of verification. If, however, if we cannot verify your identity from the information already maintained by us, we may request that you provide additional information for the purposes of verifying your identity, and for security or fraud-prevention purposes. We will delete such additionally provided information as soon as we finish verifying you.
Other privacy rights
- you may object to the processing of your personal information
- you may request correction of your personal information if it is incorrect or no longer relevant, or ask to restrict the processing of the data
- you can designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA on your behalf. We may deny a request from an authorized agent that does not submit proof that they have been validly authorized to act on your behalf in accordance with the CCPA.
To exercise these rights, you can contact us by email at email@example.com, or by referring to the contact details at the bottom of this document. If you have a complaint about how we handle your data, we would like to hear from you.
12. Do you update this notice?
TL;DR: Yes, we will update this notice as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. The updated version will be indicated by an updated “Revised” date and the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible. If we make material changes to this privacy notice, we may notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes on the Website for a period, or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to review this privacy notice frequently to be informed of how we are protecting your information.
13. How can I contact you about this notice?
If you have questions or comments about this notice, you may contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO) at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
Staircase AI Inc
101 South Topanga Canyon Blvd. #198
Topanga, California, United States 90290